GOAT MEAT STEW

Y'ello Everyone,



 TGIF right? glad it's friday! The weekend is for fun and hanging out with family. Today, i'll be teaching you guys how I make my Goat meat stew. Before I do, I need to let you guys know the struggle I face whenever I am cooking and Ethan is awake. oh Lord! I'm sure I'm not the only one. This little beauty decided it was time for him to want mommy! *sigh*

The sound of the blender goes off, Ethan gets startled and cries uncontrollably. lol so I usually have to strap him to my chest while cooking. Not a fun task, I tell you. I sometimes spend 2-3 hours cooking as I have to take a long pause in between. Enough, lets dive In.
Prepping Stage:
 In the picture above I have my goat meat, washed and ready to be cooked. I'm sure you guys are wondering what's that pasty thing in the goat me In the left picture. I learnt this from Tayo actually, To get a better tasty meat,
I blended half bulb onion with garlic and ginger.
Added One and half table soon of my Best Quality Chicken powder.
Same amount of salt
 One tea spoon of curry and Thyme.
 2 cups of waters, then mix.
Goat meat takes a while to cook so I put it on medium heat and let it boil for 20-25mins.
 Here's a picture, 15mins Into cooking


Pepper:
Here I have shepherd peppers, tomatoes and habanero (depends on how spicy you want), onions ginger and garlic. blended together and I my pasty sauce. :) Now with the stage, I prefer having my peppers blended uneven . I love the chewy taste when pairing this with rice.
Boiled the sauce for about 10mins on medium heat to get the water out. Takes about 15mins while the meat is boiling.



Cooking stage:
My pot preheated for about 1 min, then I added my palm oil and a little bit of grandnut oil. I made sure the oil is properly bleached, then I diced bulb onion right into the oil. I added my meat into the oil, fried it a bit (this is one of the trick to getting that mamaput taste). After 3mins, I took the meat out. At this point, Ethan won't stop crying lol. Then I added my precooked sauce right into the oil. Let it cook for about 10mins in the oil before adding my meat and some of meat stock. Oh! I also added some dry pepper and tomato paste.

After another 10mins, I tasted it before adding one tea spoon of my Quality chicken powder and salt. This is based on preference. I tasted it and wasn't too pleased.  I let it simmer on low heat for about 10mins. It was getting too thick so i added a small bit of water, another 5mins and viola! My goat meat stew was ready! I decided to add some perboiled roundabout leftover I had in the fridge. this is, ofcourse, after it's cooked


I'm trying to simplify things as much as possible so please let me know how I can.
I'll be making fried Rice and chicken on my next post.

Until next time, Au revoir!



Comments